Saturday, January 27, 2007

Moving On

Would you move across country for the right man?

My good friend (the one who told me I had the "intimacy problem") told me that he most definitely would. It's something I've been thinking about lately with the whole T thing. Sure, I'd love for him to move here, but he also mentioned me moving there in passing.

Would I do it? I don't know. I have great friends here, and a good job. That's really all that's holding me here. I hate Dallas, and have been itching to get out of here for awhile. However, where T lives definitely is not on my short list of places I wanted to move. So if I did it, I would be doing it for him, and him only. Of course I would have to get a job, and it would have to be the RIGHT job, so I guess that would be a plus. Anyway.

If it were one of my friends, and she asked me if moving to another city for a guy was a good idea, I know what I'd say. I'd tell her absolutely not.

So why am I browsing jobs online where T lives right now?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Blogger lizze said...

Keep on browsing & make an informed decision.

You wrote in earlier post that you are taking an exam (or is it a degree) CPA?
My 3 cent of advice is to finish that first. The good thing with working with Accounting is that you are very agile to what sort of company/industry you can work for.

I should make the follower disclaimer that I moved to London and after then moved to San Francisco (gave up a good paying job to not being allowed to work) so I am biased :)

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Dallas Hell said...

Yes it is the CPA exam! And you're right, I can pretty much get an accounting job anywhere.

I am a military brat, so moving all the time is in my nature. I hate being in one place too long! I think that's why I am so open to moving :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home